STABLE / LOOSE BOX SPECIFICATION
- Eaves Height: 2235mm (7’ 4”).
- Ridge Height: 3430mm (11’ 3”).
- Framing: Good quality 38mm x 75mm planed timber at approx 600mm centres (double at corners) Optional Upgrade to 50mm x 100mm framing.
- Cladding: Ex 19mm x 125mm shiplap or 25mm x 175mm pressure treated feather-edge.
- Partitions: Framework is 38mm x 75mm covered with 12mm exterior grade plywood or 15mm OSB (Orientated Strand Board).
Partition gables between loose boxes are left open to allow free movement of air throughout the building.
- Roof: 16mm Tongue and Groove boarding on 38mm x 75mm purlins with a ridge bar ex 38mm x 150mm to prevent roof sag.
Buildings with a span of over 3.6m have purlins 50mm x 125mm. The roof covering is a heavy grade glass fibre based green mineral roofing felt.
- Overhang: Is 1.2m wide and comprises 16mm T&G match-boarding.
- Stable Doors: 2100mm (7’) high x 1120mm (3’8”) wide by 50mm thick.
Tongue and groove boarding on the outside and 12mm exterior grade plywood on the inside face. All door furniture is galvanized and heavy duty. The bottom door has a kick-over latch and bolt fitted. There is also an anti-bite strip fitted to the top of the bottom door. Top doors are 760mm (2’6”) high. Bottom doors are 1340mm high (4’6”).
Optional: Anti-bite strips to floor level on the door frames and to the outside top of the bottom door.
- Windows: Fixed Window with galvanized mesh guard. Opening window joinery made in two parts with the top part opening inwards.
Glazed with clear glass or acrylic lite-glaze
Optional: Heavy duty galvanized steel protection guards can also be fitted instead of the mesh guards.
- Ventilation: A louvre vent is fitted to either end of the building to allow maximum ventilation without undue draughts.
The open partition gables allow free circulation of air through the loose boxes.
- Options: Rainwater Gutters: Heavy duty PVC gutters with appropriate down pipes.
Onduline Roof cover in lieu of mineral felt.
- Kickboard Linings: Available in 15mm OSB or 12mm Exterior grade plywood either to 1200mm (4’) or to eaves height.
- Tack Rooms: As per the loose box specification but the doors are 1800mm x 765mm Ledge and braced with ex 19mm tongue and groove cladding. A Rimlock is fitted as standard.
Door Option: 1930mm (6’4”) frame, ledged and braced with tongue and groove cladding, and a three lever mortice lock.