Who we are:
Poulton Portables Limited (Registration number 4351277; VAT No. 791 9665 69).
Registered Office: 78 Maldon Road, Danbury, Essex, CM3 4QW.
Poulton Portables products are guaranteed for one year, subject to ‘normal’ use.
While we make every effort to provide our valued clients with the very best product and service, we advise that natural timber may expand and contract in accord with the weather; this is why we recommend that all buildings are treated or painted at least 3 x times over the first six to eight months allowing the wood to stabilize after the first coat.
As with any business if we don’t get paid we don’t stay in business.
We ask that a deposit of approx. 20% be paid at the time of ordering, with the balance being due when we arrange for installation of your building, or on the day of delivery or erection of your building. We reserve the right not to erect your building should payment not be available on the day unless alternative arrangements have been agreed prior to delivery.
We accept all main debit & credit cards (except AMEX), cheques and BACS (Details: Barclays Bank, sort code: 203698/account: 00924636).
Contact Us to discuss payment methods for your building.
Treatment & Painting Policy:
To stabilise the timber and maintain the appearance of your building, a quality preservation should be applied.
We use Sovereign SX70, Barrettine Wood Preservers or Wood Protective treatments, which are top quality oil based products available in a range of colours and designed to maximise protection and minimise maintenance.
We recommend that at least 2 coats of a good quality wood treatment be applied to your building either before delivery or as soon as possible after, and a third coat applied within the first year following installation.
For all of our buildings that are supplied with one coat of Sovereign SX70 or Barrettine Wood Preserver, we recommend a further coat be applied within a few weeks of delivery and another coat within the first year following installation.
Please contact us if you would like us to do this for you or you can purchase the preservative from us and apply it yourself.
We treat all exposed surfaces except the underside of the roof and floor.
External doors are treated on both sides.
Floor joists are supplied pressure treated in either green or brown and do not need further treatment.
Buildings that are NOT top coated by ourselves will be finished with one coat of dip coat preservative to give short-term protection only.
If you wish to take your building with no treatment please advise us at the time of ordering.
Cancellation of any ordered product that is not ‘standard’ cannot be accepted after manufacture of that order has commenced.
Poulton Portables reserve the right to cancel any order; in this event the client will be given due notice and fully refunded any monies paid.
Your privacy is important to us. Any personal details will only be used by Poulton Portables to ensure that we deliver the best service to you, to process and deliver your order and maintain your account with us.
Poulton Portables reserves the right to make any minor changes deemed necessary.
If any installation work requires Poulton Portables’ staff to go through a client’s property, the client must make sure all floor and walls are suitably protected.
Any height, width or direct access restrictions (such as steps or corners) must be disclosed when placing an order.
Provision (permits, licences, parking space etc.) must be made by the client to ensure Poulton Portables’ staff can park in a safe and legal manner in order to expedite all installation works.
Use of information:
- Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used to:
1. Process your order and communicate with you about the goods or services you have ordered from us (your details may be passed on to a third party for them to supply or deliver products you have ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc).
2. Update our records.
3. Improve the content and appearance of our website or catalogue, to ensure that content from our website/catalogue is presented in the most effective manner for you.
4. Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
How we collect your information?
- We may collect and process your information as follows:
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website for transactional, employment or any other purposes.
2. Details of transactions you carry out through our site or when telephoning us and of the fulfilment of your orders.
3. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
4. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
5. Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- 1. If Poulton Portables or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal details held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Our website uses software to provide high level SSL encryption technology (‘Poultons.co.uk’ prefixed with ‘https’). Although we use advanced security measures to protect your information against loss, misuse and alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the internet, we cannot make absolute guarantees over the security of the information you provide over the internet and as such we cannot be held responsible for it.
Please note that email correspondence is free format text and cannot be encrypted, therefore it is not a secure means of communication.
We will never contact you by email to ask you to send or confirm any of your personal details, if we need any information of this nature we will only contact you by telephone.
Never send any sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card information, via email.